I hope this will be a chance for me to reflect on my work as I share with you what I have been up to in the studio. Welcome!

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Old friend

Here is the first of the three I mentioned of Anna; first started, first finished. This was the beginning of my exploration back to the more technical aspects of drawing and painting after several years of exploring other mediums; a return of my attention to light, tone, colour and composition.


I was pleased at this attenpt and welcomed the fact that I could suprise myself. On reflection now, I think that developments in how I have grown in the world in understanding and how I approach a challenge in other areas of my personal and working life, have translated themselves into my approach to painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment